Monday, April 6, 2009

SUN!!!

This weekend was beautiful!! The sun was shining, it was warm, my mom was here, everything was GREAT!! I think I really was needing the sun. Don't get me wrong, so far I haven't been minding the rain, but I think maybe somewhere deep down I was needing some sun and some time outside. We had a VERY productive weekend. We decided to make our garden bigger. So Wyatt tore out a few more Rhododendrons and added about 8 feet to the garden area. After pulling out about a couple hundred rocks and countless roots, we dug the furrows, then planted our broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, carrots, and lettuce. I am really hoping I am not too early on some of them. I will have to watch the weather and make sure I get them covered if it frosts over.


We also got the trampoline up...finally. The girls had a blast and I have never seen so much static in two heads of hair in my life. WOW. It was like afro's of strait hair.


Other than that I got a wall painted and we got the big TV hung, we watched conference, we fed the missionaries, Wyatt got the lawn furniture put together, the girls played in the dirt and climbed trees. WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND. I am feeling much better about life now. I am sure that it is partially because of the sun, partially the productivity, and partially from watching conference.


I love spring. Everything feels new and uplifting. I was really needing that.

5 comments:

Heidi and Michael said...

Totally feel ya on the whole sunshine deal!! Makes me feel soooooooooooooo much better! Today has been a beautiful day too. YAY FOR SPRING!!!!!!!!!

Jerusha Kasch said...

There is the girl I know and love...glad to have you back ;)

~Diston's~ said...

Oh look how wonderful the SUN LOOKS! I wish we had more of it this week!! LOL.. Oh Terry is far from being a Barrel Racer! This will be his 2nd race ever! He is just a good sport and lets me enter him! Because I ask him everyday tell he says whatever you want!

Diana said...

Rebekah, I am so glad you found my blog! It's so fun to reconnect with so many old friends and see what they are up to. I am so jealous of that yard! Holy cow, it's huge! How fun, and your kids are so cute! I love your family picture. Isn't being a mom so fun, and so hard all at the same time? I'm glad I can keep up with you now. Take Care!

Thomas Family said...

We don't know the exact dates yet, but sometime in May. Can't wait to see you!